Saturday, July 16, 2011

Wright On!

Day 3 - Ohiopyle, PA to Benton, OH  - 2.5 hrs
Number of Frank Lloyd Wright homes visited today:  2 (Kentuck Knob & Fallingwater)
Miles from Ohiopyle State Park campground to the first house, Kentuck Knob: 2
Number of states I've been in today:  3 (Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio)
Campgrounds I tried to check into today:  2 (The first one looked like the Hotel California campground.  The doors to the office were chained shut with a note about calling for after hours check in...no, thanks.)
Chipmunks spotted: 2
Other wildlife:  birds and a raccoon...also, I can hear bats while I'm typing this
Today's Highlight:  Seeing two robins, in a nest attached to Fallingwater, feeding each other

Tomorrow I'll be visiting Anne, a friend from high school, in Columbus, OH to watch the Women's World Cup!  

No comments:

Post a Comment