Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 16 - The Night Camped in the Rainforest (Okay, it’s a temperate rainforest, but still.)


Day 16
Seabeck State Park Campground, WA - Hoh Rainforest Campgroud, Olympia NP
Milage:  4,780
Clothing:  95% dirty 
Accidents: 1 - thankfully I wasn’t in it, I just had to find a way to drive around it or wait the estimated 1-2 hours for the road to be cleared.  I love my iPhone navigation feature!!
Herons:  24
Bald Eagles: 1
Ducks:  6
Robins: 2
Gulls:  5
Deer: 17
Moose: 0
I’ve hit my favorite area of the country so far!  Northwest you are the best.  Washington state is super great.  For Seattle I’d go to battle.  Route 101, you’re #1.  Excellent breakfast at Barbie’s Cafe in Seabeck.  An omelette with onion, shrimp, avocado and cream cheese with hash browns and a grilled english muffin.  Mmm...in fact that was lunch as well.  :-)  When I move to the northwest I will live in the city and have a weekend home on one of the bays or sounds southwest of Seattle.  

1 comment: