Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 34 - Room Service, Philly bus tour, Greenwich Village

Okay, vegetarian Chinese food gives you crazy dreams just like the regular stuff. Last nights dream involved me staying with who I think were Heifer International volunteers. They had a giant pizza oven in the house in which they stored people who had died on giant pizza boards. After realizing what was going on I decided I'd need to let the police know. (sound familiar yet). I played dumb while they jammed someone on in and then told them I was going to the top of the hill to plant some lilacs. Just as I made it to the random wheelbarrow with lilac roots, the leader came running out toward me yelling, "planting some lilacs, huh!?!". In the middle of my fight or flight thought I awoke. After checking the closet and under both beds I fell fitfully back to sleep.

This morning was my first room service. If I'm paying that much for pancakes they better taste good. They were sadly dry and had syrup from a bad year. However a first none the less.

So, I met an interesting fellow. You see his truck broke down and his wife wouldn't answer the phone. He just needed $7 for the bus...could I get some money to help him? Creative, but no. As I walked away he screamed, "someday you might need help!". I'm hoping if I do he's not the only person around for me to ask.

Bus tour, downpour, lunch place tried to rip me off, Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, NYC rush hour, The Jane, Greenwich Village, Home Restaurant.

One more night.

No comments:

Post a Comment