Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 25 - The Day of The Big Rainstorm & The Roadrunner


Day 25
Albuquerque, NM - Elk City, OK
432 miles
States So Far This Summer:  Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington State, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma & the a general state of confusion.  :-)

Now that the excitement of the west is over it's time to buckle down and get some hours in over the next few days.  Tomorrow I'm hoping to make it the Heifer Ranch in Perryville, AR.  Driving through the Texas Panhandle today it rained for the first time on my trip.  And when I say rained I mean I couldn't see the white lines and pulled over using the rumble strip as a guide.  The sky was beautiful when the rain finally stopped.  I blame the Bush's for the Texas rainstorm.  I learned today that Amarillo produces 90% of the beef in the state of Texas and that accounts for 25% of the beef in the USA.  I think it was a great town to contemplate veganism while driving through.  Also, I learned today that broccoli is made from milk as you will see explained in my photos for the day.  Visited some petroglyphs, saw a rabbit and a roadrunner.  Stopped at some Cadillacs sticking out of the ground.  Interesting day full of a lot of driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment