Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 32 - The Outer Banks


Gull also waiting for the ferry to arrive
Day 32
Ocracoke, NC - Pocomoke City, MD
6 hours that took me from 8am until 10pm  :-)

Questions I asked myself today (technically yesterday I guess):
1)  Is that rain?
2)  I wonder exactly how cold "unheated" showers are?
3)  Why do people have dogs if they just leave them to sit out in the rain?
4)  Can it really be called a crepe if it's prepackaged and warmed on a round surface?
5)  I wonder if those people howling at the moon last night were actors from the new Twilight movie?
6)  How long could the wait be for a free ferry to Hatteras?
7)  I wonder if I'll ever get to Hatteras?
8)  How long would it take to swim to Hatteras?
9)  Ooo, a sandwich shop...I wonder if they have good sandwiches?
10)  How long could it take to make a tuna sandwich?
11)  Could I ride out with you to catch the tuna?
12)  Why is the family of the barfing, sea sick girl sitting on the deck of the sandwich shop where people are eating their lunch?
13)  Can I get that to go?
14)  Should I stay longer at this refuge or drive on to the next one?
14.5)  Is that tree with ROATAN written on it still around?
15)  Why is that family taking photos of themselves in every position possible on the replica Wright Brothers plane?
16)  Is that woman actually laying on top of Wilbur?
17)  Should I stay in Virginia Beach, should I drive on, should I stay in Virginia Beach, should I drive on?
18)  The shortcut costs $12?
19)  Why are all these people driving so slowly?
20)  How late will I drive before I stop?
21)  Will I drive to Ocracoke or stay on the highway?
22)  How dirty could the room really be?
23)  What's that on the carpet?
24)  What's "that" on the carpet?
25)  Could this toilet be any lower to the ground?
26)  What smells like its burning?
27)  What is that smell in the water?
28)  I wonder how long it will take me to go to sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment