Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 29 - Drive, Charleston, Drive, Sleep


Day 29
Madison, GA - Charleston, SC - Jacksonville, NC

Up at 7:00am to make it to Charleston for lunch and a 2pm nature boat tour.  I was hoping to do a series of, "You know you're too sweaty when..." but got concerned about my audience approval rating.  I will say, you know you're too sweaty when you sit down in a public restroom and catch yourself on the wall as you slide off the seat.  CAUTION:  Charleston is too hot to visit in the summer.  I was surprised there weren't people laying in the streets passed out from heat exhaustion and dehydration.  Very hot!  Very hot!  Great tour.  Saw dolphins, oystercatcher, gulls and some other birds I have yet to identify.  Then I drove 4.5 more hours to Cindy & Garrett's.  A bed with sheets that smelled good, a clean rug, friendly people, sofas, pets, hummingbirds & a safe place to park.  Ahhh....

No comments:

Post a Comment