Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 21 - Back on Track


Day 21 
Merced, CA - Yosemite NP - Sequoia NP
Milage: 6700
Days remaining:  14ish  I’m slightly behind and hoping for a time warp of some sort
I’m feeling slightly stuck on the west coast and realizing that it may be time to get a move on.  I have about two weeks left and lots of stops left to make.  Today I made the two hour drive to Yosemite, snapped a few shots, did a few up in black & white in homage to Ansel Adams and headed on down the road.  Next stop, entrance to Sequoia National Park.  Tip:  If you don’t want your car to start overheating in the mountains, turn off your air conditioner and just sweat instead.  When I arrived at the visitor center at 8:30 the campground was full...but, the nice ranger lady gave me a special tag to park in the parking lot near a picnic table and bathrooms so I wouldn’t have to try to drive to another location.  It’s nice to sleep legally.  :-)  
Tomorrow I will finish out Sequoia NP and am determined to make it out of the state!  Next stop...The Grand Canyon - South Rim.

No comments:

Post a Comment