Saturday, February 18, 2012

Trip Preparation...Dream Style

Okay, good news...when I woke up last night and wondered how many more days of school until the vacation, I figured out it was Saturday and didn't turn my alarm on.

However, I then fell back asleep and dreamt about my impending trip.  The place I went to was snow covered and I had to walk along a hilly, icy dirt road for 20 minutes to get anywhere from where I was staying. During my fourth trip into town I was carrying a 5 X 8 rolled up carpet on my shoulder for reasons that escape me.  When I finally arrived, there was a beautiful river full of birds I've never seen only feet away from me.  I realized at that point my bird guide, scope and a camera would have been a better option to have carried there than a large carpet.  So back up the hill I trudged along with several other grumbling people who kept sliding on the ice and barely escaping being hit by cars zooming by.  I realized about a quarter of the way back that I had a car and could be driving to town instead of walking along this dirt road.  I won't even get into the thrift store boots I purchased, the basketball competition, moving bedroom, piglets, goats, a bus crashing into a church, taxi ride with a scantily clad driver, eating a chicken wing at Houlton High School at which time a stranger said, "You're not supposed to eat that are you?", lemonade or fire building.

Things I learned from my dream:  Drive, don't walk, to interesting locations.  Always keep birding supplies close-by.  Don't carry around a carpet.  Beware of any accommodations that start to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment